First of all, take note of the 30 minutes prep required.
Let's begin by installing the FXCM terminal
2. Click "next"
3. Agree to the Terms and Conditions...
4. Click "Next" at the following prompt screen
5. Click "Install"
6. Click "Finish"
7. Cool, that was easy wasn't it. Now we will get you a Demo account to login, so click that "Need a Login?" link
8. That link should take you to https://www.fxcm.com/uk/forex-trading-demo/
9. Fill in the necessary fields and then click "Trade Now"
10. What will happen now is the "Web Terminal" will open. But we don't want that, so close the Web Terminal and you will return to the URL and be able to see your new Login and Password.
11. Copy and paste the Login and Password into your Terminal window as follows:
12. Click "login" - make a note of your password, don't lose it, as you will need to enter it each time you login.
FXCM Terminal comes with two separate windows, as follows:
We can think of this as the "Main Screen", but we're actually more interested in the Charting aspect to see Live SSI data, so we need to go to the 2nd window in the FXCM Terminal as follows:
This is where you will be spending 95% of your time, and when you want to exit the terminal, return to the "Main Screen" and exit there. Don't close this window... else you will lose the changes you made.
Getting the free SSI indicators
Step 1: Go here https://www.fxcmapps.com/
We want two indicators from this website:
SSI - Speculative Sentiment Index